Plymslayer Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Hidden in the trees (Ryan and Josh)
Evilandrea
Lord protector!

Mood: Bitter and Twisted

[*] posted on 11-3-10 at 11:27 PM
Hidden in the trees (Ryan and Josh)

After all that happened over the last few days tempers and tension was high, and this was true for Ryan and Josh. They'd been kept pretty much busy with everything that had gone on, trying to track down mirrors, and with the problems with bringers the previous night and the events with Will, it was hard to keep track of where everything was.

And to make matters worse, for some reason Phillip had sent them to hide and give back up fire should things go wrong. Whilst it was true aside from the first fight Moira hadn't seen them they were as Phillip called them the unseen magic and bullets assault. It was true they'd not been around much, it seemed like everything had happened so fast and that they were fighting fires just to try and keep up, coming back to find Jen had been attacked by the bringers was bad enough, and no one could answer Josh's question of if they might go after Demonknight's as well.

Now they were crouched in the bushes watching the others, they heard it strike six but could see nothing but the others, and all they could hear was the wind blowing loose leaves around.

That was until there was a loud clap like a fire cracker had gone off 14 feet above Josh and Ryan. And from above them two forms pretty much fell out of the sky at rather a swift speed and slammed into a a mass of brambles and dead wood.

For the two induviduals it felt somewhat worse than it looked, the first hadn't expected any of it, he'd never experienced the rough ride that he just experienced, it was all wrong and in his first translocation he'd felt it it had jarred him but he'd not had the time to react, he knew the jarring had shifted him off course and sped him up and he was pretty sure he couldn't control it, by the time he re-appeared after the second translocation he knew he couldn't control it and it had all gotten much worse. He realised how much worse when he hit the bramble bush and then the ground it grew in with a thump that jarred every bone in his body as he hit it feet first and felt one of his ankles give and crumple.

When the second figured followed him out of the ether it was still at the same uncontrolled speed and height but the second figure was at the very least expecting it, he'd been through it hundreds of times before, it was a practiced stunt that he'd done, though the second translocate was a new thing and it threw even him off balance a little. His landing was a lot more controled than that of the other man, sure he ended up in the same bramble patch and even as the thorns scrapped at him the cuts instantly healed over. However his fall was broken by the first man, who provided a good soft landing for him. As for the first man he was driven into the dirt and had all the wind knocked out of him.

Ryan and Josh saw all of this and dispite the speed, Josh could feel an odd familiar feeling about what he had just seen, he could also feel anger from both the two figures who feel from the sky.

-Evilandrea

"But I don't want to go among mad People" Alice remarked.
"Oh you can't help that," Said the Cat, "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad"

GM director
Things are getting weirder at the speed of
Vengence Muse
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Alex Grantham
Vampire

[*] posted on 27-3-10 at 02:39 PM

His ears popped as the bubble disintegrated around him, but practice kicked in, quickly assessing his position, he realised that wherever they had been going was definitely knocked slightly off course. It wasn't uncommon with the technique he had used, although 14 feet in the air was somewhat more of a concern. He watched his ride plummet to the ground just before him, and managed to position himself to land on top of the fallen man. Brambles scratched at his face as he hit the man, but he had enough to quickly move off his crashmat, reach down and grab one of the man's hands, holding it in his own.

"So it does work for a double-bounce..." Alex Grantham muttered. A few moments before, they had been in Texas, but now... Well, Alex didn't know where he was now, but his compatriot had been determined to go, determined enough to risk his position, and that of his charges, and well, that was something that Alex didn't trust him with, especially given how erratic the other man's behaviour had been in recent weeks. "Now," he said as he scanned around the area, "Are you ready to actually have a grown up discussion?"

-Alex
Max Thames
Jock/cheerleader

[*] posted on 27-3-10 at 05:23 PM

Maxwell Thames had been obsessing about time again, but oddly this time he had a reason, things were changing and moving alarmingly fast, well they probabily weren't but when you had been dreading something for 30 years the last few days before it was meant to happen speed up like you never knew was possible, and Max had that feeling now. He'd been on edge for days, more so than was becoming his norm, he hated feeling this anxious about what he was going to do and he couldn't tell anyone, mainly because they would worry, or want to follow him or think he was just being more crazy than normal.

He'd been preparing to leave, packing the things he needed, the most important of them being the leather bound notebook that he'd carried around with him for over 30 years like a ticking bomb counting down to zero which for the most part was exactly what it was. A few other essentials and his metronome for all the good it did him there anyway but these days he never let the thing out of his sight for too long. It was a journey he'd done more times than he liked to remember of the last 30 years, but one way or another he knew it would be his last.

He'd been ready to leave when Alex had burst into his room, with what Max guessed would be another lecture about how he had to stop lurking away in his rooms and actually start living in the world. Though if that was the lecture Max never heard it as Alex had seen his packing and then had gone off the deep end as usual, Max had tried to ignore him flatly refusing to answer anything the healer had asked with anything more than a "It really doesn't concern you." Which on reflection may have made the situation worse. But Max didn't care Alex could rant and rave all he wanted he had a job to do and a legacy to finish. He'd finished his packing picked up his case and translocated, it was a double bounce, out of habit more than anything else, he didn't fancy Alex following him, not that he could tell where Max was going but just in case he got Helen to follow him which really wouldn't help matters. But at least by leaving he wouldn't have to listen to Alex which would be a massive plus.

Though the minute Max translocated he knew something was wrong, normally it was a smooth transition but the minute he cast this time it was like being on some twisted messed up roller coaster. Appearing at the first destination had jarred him mentally and physically and he'd not been ready for the second almost instant translocation where the ride had been no better. Max instantly started to panic as a nagging doubt flared in his mind as it did more and more often these days. Something was wrong with his spell, had he done it wrong or had something or someone else? He didn't trust his magic as he once did, not after what had happened and anytime it went wrong of felt not quite right it set those waves of crushing panic off again. Though he didn't have much time to let the panic fill him as the second translocation ended and he felt him self fall, he yelled in surprise what was wrong with his spell he'd knew his exact location and it wasn't here. He hit the ground and felt something go in his ankle but before he could do anything about it something squidy and heavy hit him pile driving him into the bush and allowing the brambles there to scrath him to ribbons, his hands flew up covering his face his suitcase long forgotten.

"So it does work for a double-bounce..."

Max heard a voice, a familiar voice but it was impossible, it was completely impossible for him to be there. He wanted to yell at the voice but the air had been driven out of him. He felt someone grab his hand he knew it was the owner of the voice and he found himself suddenly scrabbling to move away from him. How could Alex had followed him here, so quick and what had happened to his spell.

"Now," "Are you ready to actually have a grown up discussion?"

Max felt his mind still running at the speed of panic "What....how...what..." he stammered, "What did you do? How are you here, Alex can't translocate that fast... what happened to my spell." he blurted out utterly confused by what was going on.

-Max
Evilandrea
Lord protector!

[*] posted on 27-3-10 at 09:58 PM

Josh and Ryan could see one of the two men, they could hear both of them. They both recognised Alex's voice having only recently left him in Hampshire, however it was only Josh who recognised the voice from within the brambles as Max.

-Evilandrea

"Oh you can't help that," Said the Cat, "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad"

GM director
Vengence Muse
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
DemonKnight
Slayer

Mood: Discombobulated

[*] posted on 30-3-10 at 08:37 PM

OOC: Its been far too long... Good to be back!

"You do realise that they probably know exactly why we said we'd meet them here?" Ryan whispered as he looked around nervously, after everything had been happening in the previous few days, neither he nor Josh had had any time together and with the attacks and the craziness, it definatley was true what the said about a Demon Knight and slaying...

And then it was over with a crash a bang and some not so mild swearing. The smell of ozone and magic hit Ryan like a two ton truck, magic that powerful was rare, magic with that much power and that much control was almost non existant. He'd only known one person to ever have anything close to that, and he'd met him back at the Priory. Grantham? Alex Grantham? He was sure of it, one of Josh's friend's from back before he came to Carlisle.

"That's..."

-Ryan

You know i thought about putting something funny in here but it simply doesn\'t work
Joshua Travers
Slayer

Mood: Not Set

[*] posted on 30-3-10 at 08:44 PM

Josh just smiled cheekily at Ryan, he really didn't care if they knew or now, he just didn't want Jen walking in on him or Ryan with either of their pants down... He would be sure he'd be hearing about that for at least a month.

Then he heard it, two men who he could have recognised even he couldn't have seen them plain as a slightly darkened day, mainly because he could recognise them arguing from 300 paces...

Alex and of course Max, and from the sounds of it, neither were happy with each other. Why the hell were they here, and why now!? With things going tits up recently this was hardly a coincidence...

"That's..." he heard Ryan say

He just held his hand up to stop him and stepped out from the bushes and made a very loud "Ahem!" Fold his arms and looked at them with a hint of disaproval but he couldn't help but show a smile creeping across his face.

-Josh
Alex Grantham
Vampire

[*] posted on 31-3-10 at 10:40 PM

OOC: Great to have you back Neil :D

Max's reaction wasn't really surprising, very few people expected to be followed through a translocation, and even fewer realised it was actually possible to do what Alex had just done.

What....how...what... What did you do? How are you here, Alex can't translocate that fast... what happened to my spell."

Alex helped Max stand, "Hitched a lift, pierced your bubble, pulled it over myself and came along." he replied, "Never knew for sure if it would hold for a double bounce mind..." he explained, "All you needed to do was tell me where you were going... I wouldn't have had to."

"That's..."

"Ahem!"

Alex paused for a moment as he heard the voices, but he'd heard both of them before. One he knew better than the other, but unless something really odd was going on, he knew where he was. Carlisle.

"Josh," Alex said turning round but keeping hold of Max's hand, "Please don't tell me you're responsible for him rushing here like someone had shoved a load of black powder up his backside... Hey Ryan."

-Alex
Max Thames
Jock/cheerleader

[*] posted on 31-3-10 at 11:30 PM

Max was still feeling a heavy sense of disorientation at what had just happened he really wasn't amused by it all not to mention the confusion and the panic he felt all at once were utterly off putting. He felt Alex's grip on his hand and he felt as it didn't change it was a solid grip that worried Max he didn't like it when the healer made any form of contact it would in all likely hood just turn into yet another situation where he would force his will on Max, though if Alex had even been a quarter of the mind walker he was he would have felt the rising fear and confusion in Max. He couldn't let Alex stop him doing this, did he not realise what he was putting in jeapody by following him?

"Hitched a lift, pierced your bubble, pulled it over myself and came along." "Never knew for sure if it would hold for a double bounce mind..."

Max pulled himself up and looked confused at what Alex was saying, "Codswallop!" he exclaimed, "That's impossible...." he felt that horrible feeling he'd been getting alot recently that nagging feeling that this wasn't real and he was still stuck in a dream. Right now he was finding change hard to deal with unnerving even and part of him wanted to yell at Alex to claim he'd caught him out to tell him he knew it was all back in the dream world of Calith. But even after what Tobin had done to cure him of that problem he was still finding it difficult to cope with the memories and feelings it had stired up. And he knew ranting would only lead to trouble and Alex knocking him out and if that happened he would fail at what he was here to do. "You can't hitch a ride in a translocation it's....it's impossible." he said his voice a little shakey at the news.

"All you needed to do was tell me where you were going... I wouldn't have had to."

Max shook his head, "Only when it involves you this doesn't, it's business I know what I'm doing..." he muttered avoiding eye contact with the healer choosing to dust down his clothes from stray brambles.

"That's..."

"Ahem!"

Max looked up suddenly when he heard the voices from the darkness, he'd not been expecting anyone there, and there wouldn't have been if his translocation hadn't gone wrong. But when he saw one of the faces he couldn't help but smile, "Josh!" he exclaimed, though his joy at seeing the boy was washed out by the crushing feeling of doubt that this was all 100% real. He tried to push it down to ignore it, but what had happened with his spell was triggering all the nerves he was trying so hard to stop people seeing and coming to the surface. "What are you doing here...were ever here is, well Carlisle I know, but why you hiding in the bushes with..." he looked at Ryan, "Sorry I don't know you do I?" he asked the other boy. He heard Alex say hello to both Josh and his friend, "But he does, why does everyone but me know everyone?" he said thinking allowed voicing his confusion.

"Please don't tell me you're responsible for him rushing here like someone had shoved a load of black powder up his backside...

Max looked at Alex, "I see I've gone invisible again..." he muttered as Alex spoke as if he wasn't there, it was pretty common for Alex to do that especially recently Max had contemplated several times if he was accidently making himself invisible but then he realised it was probabily just Alex being his usual charming self.

"It's not Josh's fault, well unless it is..." he said trailing off, could his own ward be responsible for what he was here doing, "No wait, can't be his fault he's still here, unless I'm early then it might be..." Max muttered much as to himself as to anyone. "Regardless Alex it's none of your business, go home!"

-Max
Evilandrea
Lord protector!

[*] posted on 31-3-10 at 11:35 PM

(OOC: Great to have you back trouble, you've been missed)

As Max stood up with Alex's help he felt his ankle give out in weakness and pain as it refused to support his weight, it also hurt like hell. He'd landed badly when he'd fallen and seemed his ankle had taken the brunt of it.

Josh could detect waves of anxiety and confusion coming from Max in a way he'd never really felt from the Guardian.

-Evilandrea

GM director
Vengence Muse
Joshua Travers
Slayer

Mood: Not Set

[*] posted on 26-4-10 at 08:03 PM

Josh couldn't help but smile at the sight of both Alex and Max. Max always helped him put things in perspective, no matter how messed up his life was, Max always managed to trump it somehow.

"Josh," Alex said turning round but keeping hold of Max's hand, "Please don't tell me you're responsible for him rushing here like someone had shoved a load of black powder up his backside... Hey Ryan."

"Alex, please give me some credit, as much as I love you guys, every time you show up things end up getting blown up, eviscerated, dying, or quite often all of the above!" It wasn't QUITE true, just mostly, Josh knew the Guardians were the janitors of the balance and that often meant getting their hands covered in the shit surrounding the cosmic toilet of reality.

"What are you doing here...were ever here is, well Carlisle I know, but why you hiding in the bushes with..." he looked at Ryan, "Sorry I don't know you do I?" he asked the other boy. He heard Alex say hello to both Josh and his friend, "But he does, why does everyone but me know everyone?"

"Max, this is Ryan... As in THE Ryan" Josh empahasised the THE in that last sentence. "You know about him, sorceror who fried the Sentry, friend of the Slayer and romantic interest of the Demon Knight?"

As jovial as the meeting was, he knew fine rightly that their appearance here tonight was far from a conicdence and that somehow everything tonight was going to get spun on its head thanks to the appearance of these two. "Now do you two care to tell me why your here, because I don't think its a conicidence... It never is with you two..."

Josh Travers

DemonKnight
Slayer

Mood: Discombobulated

[*] posted on 26-4-10 at 08:12 PM

Ryan had met the one named Alex before, it was back when the Sentry was plaguing the Templars, Josh had never truly explained who he was or why he was so important but he was involved in so much of Josh's early career as a Demon Knight that he was just glad to see a bit more of his past.

"Please don't tell me you're responsible for him rushing here like someone had shoved a load of black powder up his backside... Hey Ryan."

Ryan raised his hand and smiled a hello to Alex, "Good to see you Alex, I wont ask if your well, cause well thats a stupid question right now..."

"Sorry I don't know you do I?" he asked the other boy. He heard Alex say hello to both Josh and his friend, "But he does, why does everyone but me know everyone?"

"Ryan Winters sir." he said as he put a hand out to shake the older man's hand. "I'm assuming your Max Thames? Josh has told me alot about you, its a pleasure to meet you." It was true, Josh spoke often about Max and very fondly about him, but he never divuldged too much information about him, he knew he was his ward and as much of a parent as Josh would have, and for that reason alot Ryan was on edge. He wasn't expecting to meet the parents anytime soon, least of all, post sex and pre slayage... Ryan went bright red at the thought.

Ryan

You know i thought about putting something funny in here but it simply doesn\'t work
Alex Grantham
Vampire

[*] posted on 27-4-10 at 03:18 PM

"Codswallop!" he exclaimed, "That's impossible.... You can't hitch a ride in a translocation it's....it's impossible."

Alex shook his head, "Oh you can, it's just a well kept secret." He replied, as he concentrated briefly, sending a healing burst through Max's body, the fall had not been particularly kind to the mage. "But that's not important right now."

"Only when it involves you this doesn't, it's business I know what I'm doing..."

Alex knew better than this, very few things didn't involve him, somewhere along the line, especially where Max was concerned. "If it is business, it involves me Max. We're separated from our kin, we have to stick together." he replied, "You obviously considered this important enough to risk our location with a translocate halfway across the globe, so don't say it's not important."

"Alex, please give me some credit, as much as I love you guys, every time you show up things end up getting blown up, eviscerated, dying, or quite often all of the above!"

Alex turned to Josh and grinned, "Ah come on, it's not always that bad..." he replied, "sometimes there have been parties as well as the evisceration, the explosions and the dying." He didn't really want to add to the negativity by pointing out that Josh was probably right. He turned and acknowledged Ryan as well, "Always fit as a fiddle me."

"Now do you two care to tell me why your here, because I don't think its a conicidence... It never is with you two..."

Alex shrugged, "I don't know, I'm hoping Max will actually tell us why he dragged us both here."

-Alex
Max Thames
Jock/cheerleader

[*] posted on 27-4-10 at 05:19 PM

Max cursed as he stood up and his ankle gave out it had been fine when he'd started his translocation but now, now it hurt. "You better not have done this..." he muttered and without a reply he felt the cold feeling of Alex's healing ability he glared at him, "Guilt?" he asked his tone more than a little off.

"Alex, please give me some credit, as much as I love you guys, every time you show up things end up getting blown up, eviscerated, dying, or quite often all of the above!"

Max looked a little sheepish when Josh accused them both of living in the wake of perpetual mayhem, "It's not like we do it on purpose, it just sort of happens, and given how things normally are with you I'm not sure how you tell the difference." he added with a smile, "Still it's good to see you, though I was hoping I was going to miss you on this visit, but well kismit is against me once again, bloody thing, should have known really..." he muttered going off on a tangent he'd hoped Josh and his friends had nothing to do with why he was coming here this time but he'd had a sinking feeling for days and appearing here his sinking feeling was now just a lead weight in the pit of his stomach.

"Max, this is Ryan... As in THE Ryan" "You know about him, sorceror who fried the Sentry, friend of the Slayer and romantic interest of the Demon Knight?"

Max heard Josh introduce the other lad, and raised an eyebrow at Josh, "Oh that Ryan..." he said trailing off, he'd heard bits and pieces in the few phone calls he'd had with Josh and heard some from Alex.

"Ryan Winters sir."

Max looked over at Ryan, who had an outstretched hand, he lifted his own hand up but still had an Alex attatched to it, "I'd shake your hand but my friend here is a paranoid moron who is content with allowing me to be rude." his barbed comment was directed at Alex, "You can let go of me." he said turning his attention back to Alex. "Sorceror eh?" he asked turning back to Ryan, "Dangerous lifestyle choice, but as you date my ward I'm pretty sure you have a death wish anyway." it was said in a good natured way even if it came out a little strange, Max didn't really understand human magic users.

"I'm assuming your Max Thames? Josh has told me alot about you, its a pleasure to meet you."

Max gave a small bow, "Indeed I am Maxwell Thames, those as to what and who that is..." he looked over at Josh, "depends on what you've been told." he sighed, "Okay Josh stop me putting my foot in it here, what have you told him?" he asked his mind was feeling strung out and he didn't know and couldn't remember what Josh had said Ryan knew if he was a Guardian or a Watcher or both.

"Now do you two care to tell me why your here, because I don't think its a conicidence... It never is with you two..."

Max shrugged, "Oh no Josh I'm here for a reason, he's.." he said pointing at Alex ".. here because he feels the overwhelming need to interfear with every aspect of my life just lately." Max was feeling hemed in, and his whole trust in Alex was on edge again, as it did more often than not these days. And jumping his translocation was the worst yet, and somethign abotu it made him uncomfortable, especially as Alex wouldn't talk about it, "Cryptic? Oh fantastic way to set me at ease, it's impossible until you tell me otherwise you're as good as being him again and I'm not trusting you." Max said dropping his voice to a low wispher as he warned Alex if it was him or if it was anyone else he didn't trust them.

"If it is business, it involves me Max. We're separated from our kin, we have to stick together." "You obviously considered this important enough to risk our location with a translocate halfway across the globe, so don't say it's not important."

Max sighed as Alex started, "I never said it wasn't important I just said it didn't involve you, and it still doesn't, you're not the boss of me and my business is just that, my business not yours." and that was all Max was going to say to him right now, he didn't need to know and if he did he'd go spare and stick his nose where it wasn't needed or wanted. Alex just wouldn't understand even if he did tell him, Josh might, unless Josh was involved and then he was smack in the middle of trouble.

"I don't know, I'm hoping Max will actually tell us why he dragged us both here."

"Correction, you dragged yourself here, I had always intended to come here, you stowed away you don't get to know what's going on." he said jabbing Alex in the chest with a finger, "And thanks to you, I'm off course and all squiffy." he said in an annoyed tone. "Josh perhaps you and Ryan can help me, seeing as you're here... incidently why are you hiding in the bushes in the dark?" he asked and then carried on, "I'm loking for something, no idea what or whom, but a thing, that's bad or good could be either hard to say but something that's going to cause a massive problem in about.." he took out his pocket watch and looked at the time trying to catch the silver hands in the dim light and failing, "Well at some point tonight, haven't got an exact time...."

-Max

Go To Top